When applying for SNAP benefits please make sure you have these items ready to present to your caseworker:
- Proof of identity (driver’s license, etc.).
- Social Security Numbers for all household members.
- If employed, proof of income (wage stubs, earning statements, etc.) for the four weeks prior to submission or last filed tax return if self-employed. If recently unemployed, proof of employment ending.
- Any other income such as: social security/railroad retirement, other disability, VA income, pensions, unemployment, child support, alimony, money from other people (cash gifts), worker’s compensation.
- Proof of Mississippi residency.
- Expenses such as utility bills, rent/mortgage payments, lot rent, property taxes, home insurance, and child support payments made in accordance with a court order, etc.
- Resources such as checking accounts, savings accounts, IRA account, valuable coins, stocks or bonds, nonrecurring lump sum payments, recreational vehicles (boat, 4-wheeler, off road vehicles), personal property, buildings and certain land, recreational properties belonging to you or anyone for whom you are applying.
- Medical expenses that exceed $35 for family members 60 years of age or older or disabled such as: doctor visits, hospital visits, prescriptions, Medicare premiums, health insurance premiums, glasses, dentures, hearing aids, part D prescription premiums, transportation expenses to and from doctor or hospital; pharmacy pick-ups, etc.
- You may be asked to provide additional information based on your circumstances.