Community Services

Community Services provides an array of services for elderly, disabled, low-income individuals and families, and families with children.


Community Services Block Grant
Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program
Weatherization Assistance Program
Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program

What do I need for my appointment?

VALID PHOTO ID – Proof of identity is needed for everyone over 18

  • Photo driver’s license, US Passport
  • State-issued photo ID
  • Employment ID
  • School, college or university ID
  • US Military ID
  • Tribal ID, alien registration/permanent residence card, temporary residence card

SOCIAL SECURITY CARD- Social security number for all HH members

  • Certified Copies
  • Card for all household members regardless of age


  • Provide copy for all household members regardless of age


  • Award letters;  (i.e., Social Security, SSI, disability)
  • W2 form, paycheck stubs within a 30-day period, 1099, IRS Tax Forms with appropriate schedules
  • Unemployment determination letter
  • Child support, TANF Printout
  • Other documents deemed eligible to verify income


  • Copy of utility bills
  • Lease agreement
  • Mortgage documents (i.e., deed)

**Other documents may be required**

Find your local Community Action Agency


Provided below are a few helpful links to sites for community services.

Division of Community Services

800-421-0762 | 601-359-4768